Do you remember these events?
- Share market crash – October 1987
- Share market crash – October 1997
- Dot-com bubble – March 2000
- “Twin Towers” attack – September 2001
- Stock market downturn – October 2002
- Global financial crisis – 2007 to 2008
- Share market falls of 2011
- UK European Union membership referendum – June 2016
For some, these events represented an “investment opportunity” – the opportunity to buy good assets at ‘bargain’ prices.
For others the opposite was true, as they were forced to fire-sell quality assets at record low prices which, for many, resulted in financial ruin.
Today, almost everyone we meet knows someone who has a tale to tell about how one of these events impacted their lives.